James P. Hermance
- Represented major multinational chemical companies in negotiating customer agreements and procurement agreements.
- Represented multinational manufacturing company in negotiating customer agreements, manufacturing agreement and procurement agreements.
- Represented major telecommunications company in negotiating licensing agreements, vendor agreements, equipment leasing agreements, service agreements and product purchase agreements.
- Represented franchisors with respect to general corporate matters, preparing Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars, registering franchise offerings in various states, and drafting and negotiating Franchise Agreements with franchisees.
- Represented franchisees in negotiating franchise agreements and other agreements with franchisors, and in buying, selling and transferring the franchised businesses.
- Represented buyers and sellers in private multimillion dollar acquisition and divestiture transactions and merger transactions, including structuring the transactions, undertaking due diligence, negotiating and drafting the documentation for the transactions.
- Represented publicly held health care company with respect to negotiating and drafting its software licensing agreements, professional services and consulting agreements and general intellectual property matters.
- Represented publicly held international technology company which provides online products and services with respect to securities regulation reporting and financing activities.
- Counsel to private companies in connection with debt financings, including structuring and negotiating the terms of the financings and closing the transactions.
- Counsel to private real estate entities in connection with contribution of real estate properties to public real estate investment trusts, including structuring and negotiating the terms of the transactions and closing the transactions.
- Counsel to investment advisers and broker dealers with respect to general corporate matters and ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Counsel to small and mid-market businesses in structuring, negotiating and drafting venture capital and other private equity financing arrangements and related corporate governance, executive compensation, securities law compliance and due diligence issues.
General Corporate and Securities
Mergers and Acquisitions
Commercial Real Estate
Education and Background:
- New York University School of Law
L.L.M., Corporations-Securities, 1976
- University of Toledo School of Law
- Marietta College
- Member of the Corporate and Banking Law section of the State Bar of Georgia and the Finance and Securities Law and International Law sections of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the Business Law and International Law Practice sections of the American Bar Association
- Mr. Hermance served as an attorney with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporate Finance in Washington, D.C.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State Bars of Georgia, New York and the District of Columbia